Saturday, September 20, 2008

1960s Rolex Tudor Oyster Prince

Hi Watch Collectors and RWC (Rolex Watch Collectors),

Here is piece of 1960s Tudor (Rolex Oyster Prince) - the symbol is a Flower or Rose, I quite like it. The new symbol for Tudor is a shield.




This piece has been in my collections for nearly over 20 years, I thought of sharing with you watch collectors the inside of such a piece. This piece will be handled to the old retired watchmaker and once the restoration is done, I will show everyone the result. The watch glass has lots of scratches and cracks. It is missing a Rolex Crown and also not working at all.


You can see the above the cracks on the watch glass and the missing of the Rolex Crown.


The earlier Tudor were using the Rolex Case with serial numbers on the side of the case.

The above diagram shows you the inside of the watch. I am amazed, after twenty years, the watch is still in the same condition as the first day I bought it. No rust on the movement or the inside of the case.


There is a hallmark stamp on the inside of the case.
Once this piece has been restored, I will show you the final result. I have faith in the old retired watchmaker.......I am lucky, he does not charge alot, unlike some of the shops but I have to email him all these pictures before he accepts or rejects.
I hope you learn something again today.

1 comment:

JeonAddict said...

I've learned lots man... thanks for this article... I totally knew now the pointers so I could sell Rolex watches.