Sunday, January 18, 2009

Former glory of 1910s WWI and 1930s Cushion Face Watches

Hi Watch Collectors,


Here are some of the watches which I got back recently after restoration. The watches are back to its glory.

1910s WWI Silver Gents WristWatch



1930s Cushion Face 9K Pink/ Rose Rolled Gold Gents Wristwatch


I should have taken the pictures prior sending in the watches for restoration but I was too eager to get them done. Now, you guys can only see the end results. The watches were in really bad conditions, dirty dial, no crowns, unpolished case, no watch straps and no working. Now, they are fully functioning and accurate time pieces once again. I love those porcelain dial, they last forever, dust and dirt cannot get to them except the hairline cracks.

1 comment:

MildlyCrafty said...

Hi, I was given my grandfather's watch and was googling to try to figure out what it is and I came across this post. The second watch pictured is exactly the same! Do you have any idea who made it and why there's no brand on the dial, that seems quite unusual.

thanks,
Amy