Saturday, November 15, 2008

Various Designs of 1930s Art Deco Watches

Hi Watch Collectors,

It has been a couple of weeks since I last posted any news on Vintage Watches. This time round, I will show you the various designs of Swiss Watches from the 1930s era. Please take note of the case, the numerals and the dial. Also, normally, they come in 9K pink/rose solid gold case, or 9K pink/rose rolled gold case, stainless steel, chrome or nickel case.


Add Image

The below is a close up look on Unicorn (Rolex)

This another piece of Viceroy(Rolex)


There are various brands manufactured by Rolex, there are Rolex itself, Tudor, Unicorn and Viceroy. I hope you learn something today again.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I have a ladies watch from the 1940's. It has Viceroy on the face and from the "V" a line extends across the top of the rest of the letters. I have been trying to establish which company would have made it and am interested that you said Rolex made a watch under the Viceroy name. My watch was given to my mother on her 21st in 1942. It looks like it is made of rose gold, it is a round watch, about 25mm diam and has a second subdial at the 6 o'clock position. I would appreciate your opinion, thanks